Houston Residential Accidents Lawyer

If you own a home, it’s likely that you have a homeowner’s insurance policy to protect you and your family from natural disasters as well as accidents that may occur on your property. Accidents in residential properties happen quite often and residential injuries are often covered by homeowner’s insurance. Although many people in Houston have insurance to cover residential injuries and accident claims, many people are afraid to make a claim fearing their policy might be cancelled or their rates will skyrocket. That’s not necessarily the case. Homeowners have a legal duty to protect visitors to their property from accidents and injuries and most home owners have homeowner’s Insurance to protect them and pay for damages, medical bills, lost wages, disability, pain & suffering as well as cover legal expenses in the unlikely event a personal injury accident occurs.

Many different kinds of residential injuries can occur at a home. Accidents when yards aren’t kept in proper condition, visitors welcome or otherwise may step in holes hidden by grass, they may trip and fall on cracked sidewalks or twist their ankles in driveway holes, they can be injured by falling tree limbs, trip on toys or other items left on the lawn, and may even be bitten by dogs or other pets. Every day throughout Houston, both adults and children sustain residential injuries because of negligent homeowners and often their careless neighbors. When someone suffers a residential injury or an injury on another’s property due to no fault of their own, they may have a legal claim against the homeowner and their homeowners insurance.

Unless you’re a homeowner you may not be aware that the majority of homeowners carry homeowner’s insurance. As such, they often fail to make an injury claim when they’re injured at another person’s home or on the property owned by an individual. A lot of people are also unaware that homeowner’s insurance may also cover injuries and accidents of homeowners away from their homes. Carelessness and negligence in using sporting equipment, like balls, bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, scooters, swimming pool accessories, trampolines, lawn equipment, house tools and almost every kind of injury that may result from situations involving the ownership of a home are covered. In most all homeowners insurance policies there is property damage coverage and liability coverage, which is the same as the liability coverage for automobiles.

Residential Injuries and Accidents that occur usually involve or are related to:

  • Dog bites or animal attacks
  • Swimming pool accidents
  • Slip and falls or trip and falls on lawns, sidewalks and driveways
  • Playground equipment injuries involving swing sets, seesaws, and trampolines
  • Defective toys or toys left out on the lawn, driveway, or street
  • Sporting goods accidents with balls, bicycles, roller skates, and skateboards
  • Car accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents near a residence
  • Construction accidents and remodeling mishaps
  • Criminal acts by a homeowner or their children
  • Crimes such as thefts, burglary, assault & battery, and vandalism

If you have been injured at a residence of another and the homeowner is at fault, contact the accident and injury attorneys at Herbert & McClelland LLP. Even in situations where you as a homeowner may be at fault, homeowner’s Insurance may covers the claims. Call a Houston Residential Accidents Lawyer at Herbert & McClelland LLP to see how we may help you with your residential injury case.

Houston Residential Accidents Lawyer : Call 713-987-7100 or 800-741-0718